Wednesday 23 March 2011

Two of my favourites things

I've had a busy week thus far but except for a couple of plaque orders I haven't done any painting.
I have had my sister and my mum visiting for a few days and its been really great, we live 220 miles apart and we really don't see enough of each other, thank goodness for phones I say.
So instead of showing you something new I've made I thought I'd show you a couple of my favourite things, toadstools and ammonites.


These are beautiful, I don't know what type of wood (or seed pod)? they are made from or anything about who made them, I bought them at a craft fair many moons ago and love the shape, colour and texture of them.

This is something I made when my children were small, it is made using air dry clay and painted with acrylics. The tops of the toadstools are made like little cups and  they balance on the stalks. I have lots of toadstools around the house and garden, I adore anything faerie or mystical related.



This ring was a Christmas present from my husband x 
I love ammonites and as soon as I saw this I fell in love with it.

5 comments:

  1. Really like the toadstools and the strange forms of the seed pods. We had a lovely vase type thing crafted from some kind of seed pod until wood worm took a fancy to it!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooooo....... stay away woodworm x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your toadstools have just brought back memories of some beautiful paintings my grandmother used to do of little fly argarics with faces! I've just text my mum to see if we still have any of them so I can pinch one for my wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mushrooms and toadstools, I have loads, some I've done and some I've bought, hope your grandmother still has some x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOVE The Toadstools... just beautiful... Feeling Inspired to make some now... so many things I want to do, so little time x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)