Sunday 30 September 2012

Autumn Toadstools

This week I entered a small painting into a 'Blog Challenge' over at The Crafty Network, I didn't win but I was Runner up which I'm really pleased with, I'm also pleased with the painting and I'll be taking it with me at my next craft fair.

The brief for the challenge was Autumn. This is how the painting started to develop, I wrote down all the colours I used as I went along and started building up layers, do you like my uber sophisticated palettes?

Autumn Toadstools, the beginning..

Toadstool Painting




The Challenge is held fortnightly by Linda, she is a great networker and we all know how important that can be, anyone can enter as long as the item is handmade, you can enter jewellery, sewing, knitted items or anything else handmade. There isn't a 'prize' as such but everyone gets exposure on the Crafty Network blog, on facebook and on twitter. So if you want to give it a go then follow the link to The Crafty Network facebook or Blog.

I'm linking this post to Handmade Harbour.blogspot so pop over and have a nosey at all the other great blogs that are taking part in Handmade Monday.

Before I go I would like to thank you for all your kind words regarding my cortisone injection, it is starting to feel a lot better, I was told that it is not a 'miracle'cure for my wrist pain but I didn't realise that it would hurt so much in the first few days, but thankfully, now it is starting to do it's job and I'm glad I went ahead and got it done.

Best wishes

Jan x

18 comments:

  1. You work is beautiful Jan, and well done on being a runner-up. As always your toadstools are gorgeous. The Crafty Network event sounds a great idea. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a runner-up. I hope your wrist continue to improve x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things with your wrist are better. I really love the autumnal colours on your toadstools. Well done on being the runner up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on being runner-up, that is a beautiful painting. Your paint pallettes look very similar to mine... margarine tub lids? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch to your wrist, hopefully it's on the mend now.
    I really like your toadstools and the colours you have used.
    Well done on being a runner-up. I use all sorts for paint pallettes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done - well deserved. Yes, lots of my palettes are uber-sophisticated too. I love the sense of movement in your toadstool picture - it feels really lively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your wrist is on the mend....I loved your picture and voted for it...glad you got runners up...(although I wanted you to win ;))
    Hope you have a good week Jan.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being the runner up - a huge achievement. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful painting, well done on your well deserved award x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your painting. Thank you for letting us know about the blog challenge. I had a cortisone injection in my wrist about 18 months ago. It was painful, but has helped immensely.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your runner up status! It's a great painting, and very interesting to learn about the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, I must investigate the Crafty Network! I love your painting. I love toadstools and the colours you have used are beautiful.
    So pleased to hear your wrist is easing too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your toadstools look beautiful. I like how they seem to be peering down at the snail below them. Congrats on being a runner up.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Runner up is fab but you should have won. Lovely picture and really beautiful autumn colours

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done for coming runner up for this piece. It is gorgeous and sooo tricky to paint as there is not mush-room in them!! Hee Hee! Hope your wrist is getting better!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A runner up is good and love those toadstools something ethereal about toadstools.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous!!! i love the colours of Autumn and your painting expresses them in such a fun way :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)