Thursday 7 April 2011

Something old.... (not plaques this time)

A few days ago I was reading  Ros'   'Rosmademe' BLOG, she mentioned Cathedral Windows and it reminded me of a commission I done 10 or so years ago. So I went looking for my old photo box from the dark recesses of my 'cupboard under the stairs', (that's what we call it even though we live in a bungalow)!! OOooo crawling about in there was a bit scary, I'm sure 'ickle monster alien gremlin type thingies live in the dark corners, but, I conquered my fears and I found my old box of photo's and spent a wonderful couple of hours rifling through them all whilst trying to put them in some semblance of order.                                                                                  
I found the pic's I was looking for and here they are..........



This is approximately 5 feet in height and 2 1/2 feet wide
I had great fun painting it.

It was put on the stairwell wall opposite the top of the stairs
and a glass shelf was placed just below it.

I love doing larger pieces like this, it is a nice balance with the much smaller Name Plaques that I do.







The 'window' was personalised with the clients name and the names of her two children, the design was mine and the quote was the clients. 

I'm not going to put the photo box back in the scary cupboard, I've decided that over the next few weeks I'm going to sort through my old photo's and start scanning them onto the pooter. I've got so many pieces of work that I only have 'hardcopies' of and if they are lost or damaged they are lost forever. Thank goodness for digital cameras. It's so much easier now.

Ta Ta for now

Jan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)