Thursday 17 December 2015

Star Wars Christmas Decoration

I believe that lots of us 'crafters' make some of our own Christmas Decorations, have you made any? either for yourself or as a gift for someone?
For the past few years I've made my 6 year old grandson a decoration to hang on his Christmas Tree, this year he asked for Darth Vader from Star Wars, he had to be wearing a Santa Hat too.



Darth Vader


 In previous years he's been given Creeper from Minecraft.....


Creeper

and the Tardis from Dr Who......


The Tardis


I've also painted him a Spiderman in a Santa Hat but can't find the photo for that one.

I've written on the back of each decoration, 'From Nanny & Grandad' and the year. Because they are made of wood, painted with acrylics and varnished they will be used to decorate the tree for years to come.
I think this has become one of our 'family traditions'

Do you have a family tradition? I'd love to hear about it.


Best Wishes

Jan X


I'm popping this over to Lucy Blossom Crafts Link Up  if you want to pop over and leave your own blog post it will be open all over the holidays.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, love Darth Vader in a santa hat! It will certainly make a talking point! I love decorations with a story behind them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO lovely, what fun! I saw a funny picture the other day with a similar looking Darth Vada in a santa hat with the words "I find you lack of cheer disturbing" - Bless!
    Your TARDIS is pretty fab too, I'd hang that on our tree any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so good and a brilliant idea for the tree as a keepsake. Ours is a Disney tree with a hint of german deco's. We tended to pick up new bits when on holidays etc. Now as do not go away (DOG!!!!!) search for unusual ornaments on trips out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I shall never look at Darth Vader in the same light!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)