Sunday 12 July 2015

3 Puppies on a Plaque

For this weeks Handmade Monday post I'd like to show you a plaque I made to hang doggy leads on...

My customer sent me photographs of her 3 dogs and done this quick sketch for approval before I started painting. 



These cute little puppies have been painted using acrylic paints onto wood.....


The hooks are for dog leads but could easily be used for keys. I've added a ribbon to display it for the photographs but I supply a couple of brass screws and rawl plugs so it can be screwed into the wall. This makes it more secure for hanging the leads.


The painting has been continued around the edges, can you see the toadstools?....




I do like to add daisies, butterflies and ladybirds and as all 3 doggies are female and love romping in the garden it seems quite appropriate.




Jan x
I'm linking this post to Lucy Blossom Crafts blog link


 

10 comments:

  1. I bet your customer was overjoyed with this! It's such a lovely personal piece to have on the wall. The way you've gone around the edges is very clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely - you are very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe this is just adorable! So wonderfully personal too, i bet your customer loves it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. What a lovely painting. I am sure lots of people would love one of these for their dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love all the extra little details you paint in such as the toadstools!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a great fan of your plaques and this is perfect for a dog lover. Love their little faces so happy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute little doggies, I'm sure your client was delighted

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I wish I could paint - I'd definitely make one for our dog's lead! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, your customer must have been over-the-moon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg everytime i come to see your posts you blow me away with how amazing your craft skill is- just awe inspiring the detail you put into everything- wish i could be as talented- well done! When we move i think i will be ordering from you to hang our keys up! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)