Sunday 1 September 2013

In the Deep Dark Woods

Hello all, I haven't done a post for a couple of weeks but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy.

I've been with my grandson into the Deep Dark Woods in search of the Gruffalo....


Searching for the Gruffalo


Sshhhhh, don't tell anyone but I saw him....

We also went on a Bear Hunt...

 
Going on a Bear Hunt


I'm pleased to report that we didn't find the Bear's Cave

We climbed..... well I say 'we' but contrary to popular belief I'm not that silly....... he climbed and I supervised

Climbing at High Lodge


I made a Fairy Door in a lovely blue grey colour.....


Handpainted Fairy Door


I was commissioned to paint another Cupcake Plaque.......

A Cupcake Plaque


I also had a successful week selling some of my items on Ebay, Aceo's, Fairy Doors and Hanging Hearts. I got lovely feedback. I've had an Ebay account for a few years but up until now I've only ever used it as a buyer but I think I will occasionally take up the free listing offers. 

Free is good

I managed to find a bit of time to have a peruse through some Handmade Harbour Linky Party   blogs although with all this traipsing through the Deep Dark Woods I didn't get a chance to comment on many.

I'm off now to get the last of the leaves out of my hair, wishing you all a great week

Jan x

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous fairy door! I also love the cupcake plaque! The adventures sound good, even if you kept your feet on the ground instead of climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you both had a great time in the deep dark wood. The fairy door is gorgeous and I could just eat that strawberry cupcake !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fairy doors are wonderful. I'm glad you've had a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love High lodge too - great fun. We have yet to spot a gruffalo but have seen plenty of clues ;). Congratulations on your orders - all well deserved :) Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now then I've been on a few of these hunts to and like you I don't attempt the climbing. Love the fairy door and the cupcake is making me want to bake but I won't as its nearly bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the top woodland photograph. I went for a woodland walk this afternoon with my family, and it did feel a bit autumnal. Your fairy door is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fun day out! I love your beautiful painted items :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a good time was had that day. Days like that probably won't happen often once Autumn hits. Love the new fairydoor. I quite like blue-grey colours too, so I really like the colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, wonderful door, and a super blog post - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fairy door :)
    Not climbing sounds like it was a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy. We went to cannock chase where we found fairy doors in the deep dark wood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the deep dark wood, and the fairy door is magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Third time I've heard High Lodge mentioned this week! - my husband keeps saying we must take our girls there (we're not too far away in Norwich). Love the fairy door too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The woods are wonderful for exploring adventures aren't they, especially at this time of year.

    Its great to hear that business is going well, its interesting to hear that you recommend ebay, i've thought of giving it a go before... maybe it will!

    I love the misty grey/blue of your fairy door and your cupcake plaque is sooo cute, i bet Ambreen is thrilled with it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely fairy door! I love the mushrooms :) I want to go to the woods now. Looks so magical.

    Sumi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaah, they are lovely. The blue-grey door is a lovely shade and looks glittery. Hope you have had a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)