Tuesday 3 December 2019

12 Days of Folksy Day 3 - Comfort & Joy

When we think of Comfort and Joy at Christmas time we usually think of the hymn God Rest you Merry Gentlemen, but what does Comfort and Joy mean to you? Language across time changes and evolves and Comfort and Joy will mean something different to everyone.
Comfort can be contentment, relaxation, warmth and cosiness, Joy can be happiness, merriment, delight and wonderment.

My Comfort is spending Christmas at home. My Joy is being with my family.



I asked people close to me what it meant to them, these are just a few of the replies.
The comfortable feeling of having family gathered together.
The joy of having a break from work.
The ability to snuggle up and watch feel good festive films.
The closeness we feel by receiving cards and being remembered.

Whatever your take on the meaning of Comfort & Joy I hope you can all
Chill Out and have Fun 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)