Wednesday 5 October 2011

A day out

What lovely weather we have been having, I didn't think hubby and I would be enjoying a such a hot ride out during the first weekend of October.

Our transport for the day
  
We rode out to Denver Windmill  which is in North West Norfolk and on the edge of the Fens.

Denver Windmill

The Mill from across the fields

We crossed the bridges at Denver Sluice on the River Great Ouse, where huge sluice gates control the water levels across the fens. Without these great gates the high tides would flood the low lying areas.

View from the bridge

We enjoyed a traditional Sunday Roast sitting in the garden overlooking the river at the The Jenyns Arms


View of a sluice gate from the pub garden

The view of the pub garden from the opposite bank

On our way home we passed a lovely cottage that was up for sale.....


The garden is full of lavender plants, perfect for drying and using for Lavender bags and Pillows.

It's very picturesque but I don't think we will be putting in an offer.






We had a wonderful day out and I'm now fully refreshed and ready to continue my crafting.

Take care

Jan x

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic photos - looks like a wonderful day out and what perfect weather...

    That house looks idyllic! Bit far for hubby to commute to Kent though in the taxi!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos - and I know how precious these days out are when you have a small business. Glad the sun shone for you x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I'll always try to get back to you :)